The Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) at Central European University (CEU) offers research fellowships to outstanding scholars from around the world to allow them to pursue their research for a few months in Budapest. In the Institute’s friendly and intellectually stimulating environment, fellows work on their own projects and share their findings with peers through weekly seminars and other community programs.
IAS at CEU has a vacancy for a Scientific Coordinator starting in May 2017.
IAS is based at CEU, a graduate research-intensive university specializing primarily in the social sciences and the humanities, as well as law, business and public policy. It is located in Budapest, and accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, and civic engagement.
The Scientific Coordinator’s responsibilities will include general administrative support to IAS and its visiting fellows.
Specific tasks will be the following:
- Fellowship programs: Coordinate IAS’ international fellowship programs, including support of the administration of the fellowship application and selection processes, communication with applicants, keeping application records and preparing applicant files for reviews;
- Support IAS’ scientific and institutional international outreach program;
- Be responsible for the website and media communications;
- Support the organization of IAS events: public lectures, workshops, conferences, including tasks such as travel and accommodation arrangements for visitors, room booking and catering orders, etc.;
- Provide logistical support: for hosting fellows and families and be available to assist with fellows’ requests concerning matters of daily life in Budapest and settling in at their office;
- Provide administrative support to the IAS Director (scheduling, etc.).
The successful applicant has the following experience and skills:
- previous administrative experience (familiarity with grant applications and international foundations is a plus);
- excellent knowledge of English;
- ability and interest to work with a multi-national academic environment in a culturally sensitive manner (CEU experience is an advantage);
- strong communication skills;
- ability to engage in teamwork;
- excellent organization and prioritization skills;
- software and web editing proficiency (MS Word, Excel, webpage editing skills, SAP experience is an advantage);
- strong work ethic.
Commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive salary, as well as a dynamic and international academic environment. The initial contract is for 1 year with a possibility of renewal.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences and humanities, public policy and management. It is located in Budapest, and accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both Master’s and doctoral programs, and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty from over 50 countries, and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit www.ceu.edu