Starting date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: Open untill filled
The IT Department of the Central European University is seeking candidates for a full-time “Helpdesk Operator” position for the Budapest, Nádor utca 9 Campus and occasionally for Kerepesi út 87 Dormitory.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide personal, telephone or email IT helpdesk support of high standard to users in English and Hungarian.
- High school or college degree,
- Good communication skills in Hungarian and in English (at least intermediate level),
- Excellent IT skills (Windows, Office, basic network and hardware skills),
- Problem solving skills, ability to work independently when required,
- Client oriented mentality,
- IT support experience, Novell and Microsoft Office365 related knowledge count as advantage.
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment.
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences and humanities, public policy and management. It is located in Budapest, and accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both Master’s and doctoral programs, and enrolls more than 1400 students from 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty, from over 40 countries, and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information on the Central European University, please visit www.ceu.edu