Please be informed that in accordance with the EU regulations (1030/2002/EK, 1030/2002/EK, 380/2008/EK) the Immigration Office (Budafoki street 60) issues biometric residence permits as of May 20, 2011 in the following cases:
- residence permit for non-EU citizens
- renewal of the residence permit for non-EU citizens
- permanent residence permit
- EK residence permit
- residence permit for non-EU family members of a Hungarian citizen
- replacement of residence permit, permanent residence permit, EK residence permit
The new type of residence permits will be issued in card format.
During the residence permit application procedure a digital photo shall be taken of the applicant and in case of applicants above the age of 6 years their electronic fingerprint image is captured. Despite of this new method it is also needed to hand in a photo taken of the applicant.
The fees of the process are the following:
- 18,000 HUF - in case of the first residence permit application for non-EU citizens
- 10,000 HUF – in case of the first residence permit application for family members of a Hungarian citizen
- 10,000 HUF – in case of renewal, replacement, change of the residence permits and permanent resident permits
Residence permits issued before May 20, 2011 will be valid until their expiry date.
CEU HRO continuously communicates with the Immigration office. If we get to know any important details of the practice we will share this information with CEU community.