Starting date: As soon as possible, one-year contract (renewal to be considered)
Application deadline: Open until filled
The Information Technology Unit at Central European University invites applications for a skilled Configuration Manager to staff its major integrated system implementation project. The project is a great opportunity for talented professionals to join an international organization that is currently undergoing major transformations.
The position is of dual nature:
- the Configuration Manager would be key in this transformational project. S/he would be working with solution design for major project deliverables, work on and with technical project documentation, plan and contribute to testing and release, participate in migration and interfaces specification related to the new system to be implemented, work out optimal basics for business as usual processes and policies (and later on manage business as usual process)
- the ideal candidate would also be actively involved in performing hands-on, actual system setup and configuration and the documentation of those, based on the user and business specifications for data, processes and policies.
The ideal candidate would be able to handle and excel at proactively creating an operational and functional framework for the job.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Act as first point of contact with the other Configuration Manager (and along with the IT Director, Implementation Specialist and Head of Implementation) for technical matters related to new SITS database (Student Information System currently being implemented, provided by UK-based service provider Tribal), act as primary application support specialist for CEU community using the application
- Create and maintain product FAQ
- Carry out configuration efforts, document configuration changes, create user guides
- Support manual and semi-manual import processes (document and deploy)
- Back-up/support the other Configuration Manager in User management to all environments
- Participate in solution design and solution delivery review and fine tuning
- Actively work with the functional area leaders for Admissions, Recruitment, Student Records, and Institutional Research offices
- Participate in the application component release process (release of developments from DEV to TEST and to LIVE/PROD, input from CEU IT, Head of Implementation and Tribal)
- Participate in testing of different release – business process, scenario and UAT (based on testing methodologies – input from Head of Implementation and Tribal)
- Lead and coordinate user trainings, info sessions i.e. transfer knowledge through group trainings, one-to-one trainings, refresher sessions, annual system review communication
- Preferably higher education certificate in IT
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Strong written and spoken English
- Technical skills: 2-3 years’ experience with databases, application and infrastructure management
- Experience in configuration management and configuration/set-up: ability to create process for implementation, to formalize processes, attention to detail and the ability to record and document technical artefacts, has general understanding of all the elements that make up a system/system component)
- Some experience with SQL and/or Oracle database set-up and configuration
- Understanding ways in which computer systems can be integrated and common issues with systems integration
- Effectively manage work
- Proactive solution seeker
- Experience with multiple system integration
Primary working with:
Head of Implementation, Implementation Specialist, legacy system database administrators, CEU IT and vendor personnel, VP for Administration, core project team and internal consultants for the project, External Software and Service Provider
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences and humanities, public policy and management. It is located in Budapest, and accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both Master’s and doctoral programs, and enrolls more than 1500 students from 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty, from over 50 countries, and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world.
The language of instruction is English.