Starting date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: May 4, 2017
Full Or Part Time: Full time, Night shift
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing primarily in the social sciences. It is located in Budapest, and accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both Master’s and doctoral programs, and enrolls more than 1500 students from nearly 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 140 resident faculty, from over 40 countries, and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world.
The language of instruction is English.
The Residence and Conference Center of Central European University is seeking candidates for the position of full time Front Office Receptionist (night shift).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Administration of room reservations
- Administration of invoices
- Issuing invoices
- Day-to-day contact with students, faculty and guests staying at the Residence Center
- Cooperation with other service units (housekeeping, catering, sales, maintenance, security)
- Night shift is required
- At least high school diploma in tourism/catering/hotel industry or at least 2 years of professional experience in a similar capacity
- Languages: native Hungarian, upper intermediate English
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Working experience with CEU
- Other language knowledge
- Hostware program knowledge
- Currency cashier certificate
Commensurate with experience. However, we offer a competitive salary, as well as a dynamic and international academic environment.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.